The Wasp and the Bike

 It was a pleasant day, perfect warm weather, no humidity in the air and no mosquitos. I thought it would be the perfect day to take out the electric bike and go to the store.  

It took a bit to get ready, had to make sure I had everything needed in my backpack and the bike was charged up along with my phone.  


I took the bike, started it up and was driving out of the little cul d sac we have.  I looked towards my right and saw this thing flying.  It wasn't a bird, but it wasn't a bee either.  It seems to keep up with the speed I was going as if it was racing me.  I swear when I made eye contact with the creature it made a whoo whoo noise like it was reving up its body so it would beat me.  I still hadn't figured out what this creature was.  It was a long beige wormish looking thing and I couldnt see a head.  It was scary looking and I started to panic.  I started to slow down the bike thinking that thing would just fly past me, beaming with pride that it beat someone in a race.  It would have quiet the story when it went home for the night to all its wormishy family members.  Once I slowed down the bike, the flying worm turned towards me, like he was going to cut me off.  I thought I was smart at the time cuz with me slowing down, he wasn't going to butt heads with me.  Whew.  But then it turned again and at that moment in time I just thought it would be a good idea to jump off my bike, while it was moving and I would fly away.

Problem was I didn't have wings, or grace for that matter.

The bike gracefully fell to the ground, while I was still airborne.  While in the air I realized the mistake I made and knew it was going to hurt. A lot. Then I felt the impact of belly flopping on asphalt, as well as the vibration that continued to echo throughout my body. It reminded me of a belly flop one did while at the pool, off of the diving board. It was then when I laid there for a moment, determining which was more important, me or the bike. Which to save first. I quickly decided it was me and made sure no bones were poking out and I was okay and wouldn't be more of a spectacle trying to rise up from the ground without assistance.  I then tried jumping up, as if I had planned that fall, looked around and after seeing that no one was going to come running up to help the old fat gray haired lady with her bike, I picked up the bike and walked back to the house.  It wasn't til later that I thought of that damn flying bug.  I bet he had a story to tell.  

"Mom, mom you would be so proud.  I was racing this woman on a bike and I won"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have once again over obligated myself

Hello Uterus!

Nachos