Facebook annoyances

First and foremost I know that I network my blog on Facebook, and yes that is pretty cool, BUT...

And another thing, I am not procrastinating over homework due tonight, just letting you know that too, BUT...

When I first joined Facebook, I joined Mob Wars. It was an awesome application that you could play online through Facebook, and I enjoyed playing it. Then Mafia Wars came out, which is almost the same exact thing. I didn't bother even looking at it since I really didnt have time to do it anyways. Then someone, I am not saying who, talked me into Farm Ville. I can't grow veggies at my house nor can I have pigs, goats and cows, but on Farm Ville I can have it all! Funny that I cannot remember to water my plants at home, but I sure as heck can remember to harvest my vegetables. What is the reward you ask? It's all about the tokens and the toys, thats it. Now there is a Farm Town which is the same thing, but not as user friendly I think, or is it just becuase I am used to Farm Ville? Now there is an application called Fish town.. you can only imagine what this is, you collect fish, you fed them, buy them decorations for their environment, and clean the tank and you get tokens, to buy more stuff. With all of these applications, if you have more friends and they come and work in your tank, farm or mafia, you get even more tokens for this also. You cannot cash in these tokens, but you can brag about them and rearrange your farm so it looks just perfect.

I am wondering when they built Facebook if they had any notion that this was going to happen. I wonder how many lost work hours are being accumulated because people have to go online to fight people, harvest their crops or feed their fish. There are other programs too, a restaurant, a zoo I think and a few others.

And to think that the age base for Facebook is 30-49. I wonder if they are networking or playing the games....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have once again over obligated myself

Hello Uterus!

Nachos