Herb Cheee Bread

This was very good, I think I preheated the oven too long, and usually when I bake bread I put a pan of water on the bottom rack but this did not call for it.



2 pkgs. dry yeast
1/4 c. lukewarm water
1 3/4 c. skim milk
2 1/2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
6 c. sifted flour
2 tbsp. oil
2 c. shredded cheddar
1/2 tsp. dill
1/2 tsp. rosemary
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. basil
Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water. Mix sugar and milk together and add to the yeast. To this mixture add salt and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add oil, cheese, and herbs. Gradually mix in the remaining flour until dough is stiff enough to handle. Knead dough until it is smooth and elastic. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to coat all sides, cover with a cloth and let rise in a warm place until double in size. Divide into 2 equal parts, shape into loaves and place in two 10 x 5 loaf pans. Cover and let rise again until doubled. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees and continue baking for 30 minutes longer. Remove bread from pans. Cool on wire rack.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have once again over obligated myself

Hello Uterus!

Nachos