Remember Family Dinner's on Sunday?

I had this rule, once upon a time, where everyone had to be home and eating a nutritious dinner on Sunday. This rule was a great way to start the week and gave us time to relax and calm down from the weekend. We would talk about the week coming up, and find out what was due and what the child was working on. It was a very good time to come together and talk over an excellent meal. I really enjoyed those times.

Now, I am the only one sitting at home on a Sunday. Now, Nascar and football take precedence on a Sunday. The child has his own agenda, either working or girlfriend or friends. Since there is no school tomorrow they are all running amuck in the city.
There is no together time like before and I really miss it. Yes, I could move it to another day... I tried Monday's but usually those Mondays are filled with grocery store runs, laundry and the last thing I want to do after working all day and running around town is sit down to a meal, and if I had to cook it, we would not be eating till 8pm. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are full of meetings and Thursday nights seem to be the start of our weekend. Life is getting very complicated when it should not be. Why in the world does one person need to spend so much time away from the house? Sometimes I think it is me, no one seems to care enough to sit the hell down and spent a nice dinner talking. Soon, I have decided that I am going to start tying them to their chairs until we have spent two hours doing nothing. Personally, I don’t think that would last, and we all would wind up killing each other and nothing would get accomplished.

But hey it is the thought that counts... right? We would at least be together… right?
Hah~!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have once again over obligated myself

Hello Uterus!

Nachos