I do not encourage drunk shopping

So we all know that when you go to New Orleans you drink. There is also a possibility that you will drink enough liquor to run a bus for a week.
We did not drink that much, but we were close.

I want to make sure you all know that I am not a drinker all of the time. This post will contain drunken episodes. If you think highly of me, please do not continue to read.

Gee thanks!

Thursday night after we check into the hotel and unpack we get on the hot humid sidewalk to find out how far we are from Bourbon Street. There was a lot of riff raff on the streets walking down and there was not the pleasant smell of wisteria on the sidewalks… it was a different smell.


Get to Bourbon Street, go to the first bar on the corner to quench our thirst. Now since we got there late (11 pm) they did not have as many drink specials as they do earlier in the day/evening. But there were other specials. I started off with an ice cold miller lite. It went down fast, we walked up and down the street and continued to drink merrily. They had bars like Fat Tuesdays ALL over the place. I had brain freeze more than once. We people watched from a balcony and saw 2 dead people. Well, they were not really dead but they were crashed out on the sidewalk, not moving. Many people walked by and a few stopped, one of them calling 9-1-1. The cops came, and woke him up and basically threw him in a barrel and wheeled him to the ambulance. That’s nice. I made sure I stopped drinking after that.
We walked into a few of the shops, and we also went down to the rainbow flags. I didn’t want to interfere with the other side, but I knew I would have much more fun on that other side. Brian was scared so I stayed with him.

We went home soon after that so we could wake up refreshed and ready to walk walk walk the next day.

So the next day we get up, get fruit, and go down to Jackson Square, we see a tomato parade and walk with them while I am getting pictures of tomato’s and the Treme band with the dancing lady. We then walk across the street and take a horse (donkey) and buggy tour through the French Quarter. We walk around much of the morning and afternoon, going to special markets and shops that we heard about. Then ate the infamous Boudin Balls at Huck Finn’s and walked back to the Quarter. We walked up and down Bourbon street and people were starting to come out and like us they were looking for one thing.. a place to sit down that had air conditioning and cold beer specials. We found the place. Razzola’s. They have a special called 3 for 1. No matter what you buy, if you buy 1 you get 2 in addition to the 1. So basically you’re sucking down beers at a fast rate because it is hot and you don’t want your beers to get cold. We survived 6 hours and then stumbled back to the hotel, after eating at McDonalds, called for a wake up call for 11 pm and promptly fell asleep. I woke up at 11, wide awake and stone cold sober. He woke up around 1am wide awake also. I told him if we go back to the bars, we would be drunk 3 times in a 24 hour period. Neither one of us got up, but we did watch reruns of Roseanne and The Cosby Show. I think all of the water that we drank helped a lot with the non hangover.

And that was only Friday!

Oh and I didn’t even tell you about the drunk shopping…
Stay tuned!

And I forgot to mention that at 1am I found a McChicken in my purse...
Don't ask
Don't tell

No comments:

Post a Comment