Cucumber vinegar salad

I remember sneaking this from the refridgerator when I was a child. My mother would never share this and I grew to look it and associate it with summer and of course thiefing.

Cucumber Vinegar Salad
•3 cucumbers
•1 red onion
•1/2 cup white vinegar
•1/2 cup water
•1/3 cup sugar
•salt and pepper to taste
Start by taking a look at your cucumbers. If the skin is very tender, don’t bother peeling it. If it seems a little tough, you can either peel the whole cucumber or just take some of it off… I like to create a little stripe design lengthwise.

Slice the onion and cucumber both thinly and add them to a salad bowl. Get out a small bowl and pour the vinegar, water and sugar in it. Stir until all the sugar is dissolved. Add the salt and pepper and pour the mixture over the onion and cucumber slices. Cover your bowl with a lid, a plate or some plastic wrap and store it in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until you are ready to serve your salad. The longer it sits, the better the cucumber vinegar salad gets. I usually make it the night before or first thing in the morning. By dinner time it is absolutely perfect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have once again over obligated myself

Hello Uterus!

Nachos