Dinner for last week!!!

Chicken Pot Pie (this was taken and modified from The Pioneer Woman's Cookbook.

I tasted the filling and it is THE BOMB.

Pie crust, I bought the frozen ones, you will need 2 of them one for the bottom and one for the top, follow the directions on how to flip the top pie crust out of the pie pan without ripping it to shreds, I would buy enough for two pies, if you don’t need the other one you can throw it in the freezer!!


1 rotisserie chicken (or 2 cups cooked chicken chopped)
1 small onion finely chopped (I won’t use as much onion next time, every time Brian burped it was onion)
3 stalks celery chopped fine
3 carrots chopped fine (make sure these are small enough to where they will cooked with the short amount of cooking time)
¾ stick of butter
8 oz of heavy cream (half a pint)
1 cup of flour
2 cups of chicken broth (have another ½ cup on the sidelines)
1 chicken bouillon cube ( I didn’t have any so I used a top ramen chicken packet)
Thyme
Salt and pepper

Ok, put the butter in a big pot, melt it.
Throw, yes I said throw, the onion, celery and carrots in the pot.
Stir till they are a bit translucent (about 10 minutes)
Add chicken
Stir
Stir again
Add flour and stir, making sure you cover everything with the flour, no you will not need more than 1 cup!!
Add chicken stock, (I added the 2 cups then kept another ½ cup on reserve, yes I needed it. I added more chicken that what it called for… and carrots!)
Add bouillon cube and thyme (2 tsp)
Stir
Add in the heavy cream
Mix all together, it should be the consistency of a filling.
Add salt and pepper to taste, and do not put this on top of biscuits!
Add to pie pan.

I had enough for two pies, I cut up a few extra carrots and used all of the meat from a chicken, with the exception of the legs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have once again over obligated myself

Hello Uterus!

Nachos