Is it really Christmas?

This year has been full of ups and downs.  None of which I would trade for anything in the world.  A relationship ended and another began.  Health problems but proactive behavior saved me from myself.  I had to say goodbye to a dear friend.  A friend whom I cried weeks about and finally was able to really cry over losing my husband.  My Daisy left me one October day.  I held her as she fell asleep, for the last time, in my arms.  She taught me so much and showed me the love I needed and had so much patience for me.  I will never have another dog like Daisy.  Me being a cat person, I learned that I will not be whole unless I am able to give love to a dog.  After spending Thanksgiving at a friends house with her dogs I knew I needed a dog to help heal my heart.  A lot of people told me to wait and I had plans to wait at least a year, but going home to an empty house after Thanksgiving I knew what I needed. I then spent every waking hour on Craigslist and searching up dogs and what kind of dog I wanted.  I needed a dog to get me off of my ass and out of the house.  I needed a dog that I could accomplish something that I would savor.  I finally decided on a Doberman Pincher.  I went through a breeder and I have already gotten looks of "you couldn't go with a rescue dog could you? ".  Daisy was a rescue and I loved her but she had some issues and we spent a lot of money when we got her.  So why not do what I want and get something that will make me happy. 
Her name is Imperial Delilah Grace.  Her parents have won awards in skill and looks.  I am a proud owner.  Delilah already has me potty trained haha.  Today she finally learned to jump on the couch successfully.   She is so proud.  She hates the leash, but loves peanut butter.   She has already thrown up in my brand new car and I don't care.  I enjoy coming home now, but do not enjoy waking up at 4am.  I love seeing her excited to see me, but I hate when she wakes me up by chewing my hair.  She let's me take naps and she enjoys pestering Calvin.  She is my cure for my drepression.  Since I have had her I have not cried myself to sleep.  Yes it has only been 3 weeks, but I haven't cried.  These past two years I have cried so many nights, regardless of what drugs the doctors gave me,. Delilah has been the perfect perscription.  I just hope I don't go down the rabbit hole as frequently. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have once again over obligated myself

Hello Uterus!

Nachos